The Explorer

Author
Katherine Rundell

Review by 
Freddy

Year Group
5

Book Review
The Explorer is an exciting book filled with surprises along the way. Four children were flying in a very small propeller plane to their grans. The plane crashed in the Amazon rainforest but was someone there before them? They made fire, they found a den, a sloth, met an Explorer and went night fishing.

My favourite part of the book was when they went night fishing because they made a spear with wood and stones. A character named Fred went plunging into the water and searched for fish. He suddenly came out of the water because a fish bit his toe. The Explorer aimed right at the fishes head and boom! The spear went straight through the fish’s head. So it was fish for dinner.

I would really recommend this book.

Marks out of 5?
4 – Very good

3 thoughts on “The Explorer

1. This book looks really exciting and I think I will recommend it to Zak. Thank you Freddy for leaving this review as I hadn’t heard of it before, and your writing has made me want to read it!

2. I know that this adventure book will appeal to Sophia and after reading this fabulous review Freddie I will see if I can get hold of a copy. Thank you

3. Great review, Freddy. We love Katherine Rundell’s books in our house, and this was indeed an exciting read which appeals to parents with a sense of adventure too! Thank you for recommending it.