William Wenton and the Secret Portal

Author:  Bobbie Peers

Review by: Thomas

Year Group: Year 6

Review:

The book is second in the series. I’ve never heard about these books before.  There’s a boy named William, he is great at code breaking. He lives in Norway and his Dad has a exoskeleton because he was involved in a horrible car accident that paralysed him. William is half human and half luridium, which is basically a robotic metal that helps William solve codes, so he is a cyborg but from the outside he looks normal.  The book is very exciting and full of shocks. William went to a secret base. In William’s room there was one of the bad guys there in the corner, it was a shock!   William working with his friends at the secret base with his Grandfather to stop a bad guy taking a robot through an ancient portal because it would destroy the world.  There lots of codes that William has to solve through the story.

When I saw this book it looked good so I decided to read it. It was better than I thought, it’s definitely an adventure book. I think that William is nervous in the middle and the beginning. At the end I think  that he was sad because something happened. I think that this all happened because of luridium.   I would deeply recommend reading this book.

Mark out of 5…

5 – Excellent